Call for a Free Consultation


facebook twitter

Doctors, Lawyers Most Likely Professionals to Have Car Accidents

 Posted on June 09,2017 in Car Accidents

Doctors, Lawyers Most Likely Professionals to Have Car AccidentsAccording to one study, members of some professions are more likely to get into a car accident. The results suggest that working a profession that requires more education does not make someone a safer driver. 

Here are the professions with the greatest rates of car accidents, ranked from highest to lowest:

  1. Doctors
  2. Lawyers
  3. Architects
  4. Real estate brokers
  5. Enlisted military personnel
  6. Social workers
  7. Manual laborers
  8. Analysts
  9. Engineers
  10. Consultants

Experts say that professions that involve a lot of driving – like real estate agents and social workers – may increase the likelihood of accidents. Also, workers in demanding professions with long hours may be surviving on less sleep. Drowsiness is a huge risk factor for car accidents.

Will Your Profession Affect Your Insurance Premiums?

Usually not. Many insurance companies will ask for your occupation for informational purposes, but the value of your car, your age, your locality and your driving record have a larger impact on your quoted premiums.

Damages You May Be Entitled To

Every case is different, so it is impossible to fully determine damages without reviewing the facts of your case. However, many car accidents include the following damage categories:

  • Property damage. This is the damage done to your car and anything of value inside or outside the car or on your person at the time of the accident.
  • Medical expenses. Any medical care you have received or will receive in the future is included.
  • Pain and suffering. This amount is usually in proportion to the amount of medical care you received.
  • Lost income. Any time off work will be compensable.
  • Lost earning capacity. If you have been injured in a way that you cannot maintain your job, you can be compensated for up to a lifetime’s worth of earnings. The injured person usually is obligated to work in whatever capacity he or she is able.

Contact a Will County Car Accident Lawyer

If you have been in a car accident, you should speak to an attorney as soon as possible. In Illinois, you have two years to bring a claim for any injuries sustained to your body.

That might seem like a long time, but a skilled attorney may need to investigate your accident and fully understand your injuries. Depending on your accident, such work could take months to complete. This work is important and could lead to an enhanced settlement offer from the insurance company. 

Call the qualified Plainfield, IL auto collision attorney of Flaherty Law, LLC to hear an opinion about your case. Our office phone number is 815-577-7500.


Share this post:
Back to Top